Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Back in the land of the living - well almost..!!!!

Hi all sorry I have been missing for a bit. I would like to say that I have been missing in action, but in reality I have been missing in inaction, lol. Yes I have been confined to Barracks. I wasn,t feeling well over the Fabby Dabby weekend (fabulous ladies,more about them later) and on Sunday I had a strange raw patch of skin on my tummy. After ringing the Out of Hours Doctor and trying not to laugh when he asked this question

" Err I dont mean to be rude, but are you of weight? Because it could be your folds of fat rubbing.!!!"

How frikkin hilarious is that??? Anyway once we established it wasnt my folds of fat rubbing, I was sent up to get antibiotics for a skin infection. Well me and antibiotics have a funny old love/hate relationship and this particular prescription hates me. They have knocked me for six. I am sleeping the clock round , feel like a bag of crap, they,ve given me the runs and sent me flying for a Canestan treatment. Mind you I am now nowhere near as feverish and the skin is healing slightly, so I suppose they are working. I just hate this feeling of drainingness (made up word).
Yesterday I dragged myself off to the shop and then into work and Emmi had to drive me home, lol, I even had to abandon the car. Maisie came at night and when I said I had a poorly tummy she said

"thats what happens when you have babies in there.!!"

Err think I,ll pass on that one. I felt better last night, but today I only managed to get dressed before having to admit defeat and call in sick. I an fed up, fed up of sleeping, fed up of doing nothing, fed up of running to the loo, fed up of sitting here feeling fed up. lol. I have tons to do at work, The builders are supposed to be starting in my old studio on Monday and we still haven't cleared it.  I try to warch dvd's and fall asleep 10 mins in, I,ve even gone off Jeremy Kyle...!!!! Yes you heard me correctly..!! I,m sure that won't last though
.
I,ve got some crackin pictures from the Fabby Dabby weekend, but cant seem to locate the camera, think Our Ben had it for putting the workshops online, so I will find it tomorrow hopefully and get them on.
Have you checked out the new lot of workshops yet..?? I am really pleased with them and can't decide which I like best. Preview afternoon went really well and some, as usual, are booking up fast. You can see them all HERE. The weekends are once again proving popular, maybe its something to do with 10% off till Tuesday, lol, .

Right its taken me over an hour and a hell of a lot of concentration to write this much so I am admitting defeat for the time being. I'll leave you with the latest photo of Dragon. Do you think hes looking a bit peaky..?? I think hes lost a bit of weight, maybe hes pining over me..???



Enjoy xx

16 comments:

Diane said...

So sorry that you're still feeling grot, Dyan and hope that the antibiotics work wonders and you're soon back in the pink.
Diane x

Unknown said...

I am not sure he is actually losing weight ... but he is certainly not "of weight" and therefore has no worries about chaffing ... see every cloud has a silver lining :0) Get well soon!

Clare with paint in her hair said...

Aww bless Maisie, kids do say the best things!!

Get well soon

Clare

Jude said...

Hey there! Was wondering where you were!?! Sorry that you're feeling poorly - laughed out loud at the "are you of weight?" comment...too funny. Rest up (I know it's hard) - this too will pass - you'll be up and about in no time. Just do as you're told as far as you're body is concerned - you can't fight City Hall - have I crammed enough metaphors in there?!? Get Well Soon. Last one, promise. xxx

Siobhan Brignull said...

He has defn come out in sympathy with you, wish you well soon and anitbiotics and thrush grrrr, apparently some of them are harsher than drain cleaner to your delicate feminine bits, wonder what they did b4 canesten, looking forward to the recovered Jeremy Kyle watching Dyan, :)

Kate Creates - a lot of mess, just ask my family..... said...

Oh poor you - you are in the wars. I fully sympathise as I too am still suffering the after effects of my op and couldn't make your preview day. And now it's wintery weather again too.
Really hope you feel better soon.
Kate

Unknown said...

I am so sorry you have not been feeling well. Even when you feel your worst, your blog post leaves me with a smile. That probably didn't come out right, did it? I meant your humorous writing style. :)

YourValuedAssistant said...

Hope you start to feel better soon sweetie xxx

Valencia said...

Get well soon know what you mean about antibiotics I was treated with one in Spain and had to have further treatment as it had attacked my tongue, not nice I have to steer away from that one now .You have to listen to your body it should be telling you to rest and take a little time out o women who races through life like the speed of a bullet love from nuttynannan x

Chris Steer said...

Sorry to hear you not well hun - it must have been all that river dance lol xx either that or us lot totally finished you off!!! Really enjoyed the weekend can't wait for the next one - they were a fab group of ladies and the most fab was the instructor!! By the way Linda hasn't come down from cloud nine yet lol x
Get well soon
Love and hugs

Chris x

Traceyr said...

Hugs and wishing you better Dyan.

:)

Lynne said...

Dyan, so sorry to hear to you have been ill. Can't believe a doc would say something like that to you!!! Although, I have to admit it was funny...LOL!!
Poor dragon does look a wee bit thinner, or maybe it's the pic! Wait pics add pounds to you.....okay, he's def thinner!!! LOL
Rest up girl, get better soon!!

olive said...

you obviously need a rest, sorry to read you are poorly. Just keep taking the tablets.... and sleep your body must need it. Keep warm and safe. keep the faith. Ciao

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Oh Dyan, poor you. Hope you're back on your feet soon. But it looks like you'll have to let it run it's course whatever it is.
Think dragon must be pining Dyan ;)
Hugs Anne xx

Sandra Hall said...

I'm concerned. Might you be pining for Dragon? Seriously though, sorry to hear you're unwell. TRY... I do say, try, here because I know your busy whirlwind schedule leaves little time for rest. But do try!
PS....That Ranger gang might be turning Dragon to the dark side - he's not even looking at the English tea!

Chriss Rollins said...

Get well soon.

Chriss x

Quote of the Century


"You are an extraordinary woman.


How can you expect anything ordinary to happen to you"


Louisa May Alcott